Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn has arrived!

Today is the first day of Fall. This is the beginning of my favorite time of year. The weather is cooler, which means I can wear clothes and be comfortable in them. It also brings on lots of holidays, get togethers, food (really, really good food), and more time with my husband. The harvest season will be wrapping up in a few weeks so he'll have a little more time to do things that he wants to do, without worrying about whether he's traveled too far from his growers. I know he's looking forward to that.

Last night, as an anniversary present, I took Corey to a show in Portland. I bought the tickets for seating that was above the floor level, but not up in the nosebleed section - I actually paid more for this arrangement - And, was excited to see that our seats were on the aisle. Corey loves having a "quick escape route". The seating arrangement, however, was not how the website displayed it. Yes, we were above the floor level, but only by about 6 inches. And the worst part? We were placed right behind the audio control board and cameramen. This was never disclosed in the seating chart, or in the sales of the tickets. I was livid. How could they sell tickets, higher priced tickets, to people and then give them an obstructed view? We left halfway through the show with that being one of the reasons. I'll be calling them today.

Night before last the family sat down to dinner and began our normal discussion of each persons day. We then focused on Cooper. He cannot tell us about his day, but is determined to tell us something. So we ask, "What does a Lion say?" He responds "roooooaaaarrrr!" Then, "What does a cow say?" "Moooooooo", he responds. "What does Katie say?" He screams in response. Well, "What does daddy say?", daddy asks. "No, no, no!" He says. We all laugh. But I'm curious; If daddy says "no no no", then what does mommy say? I ask him. He responds "me me me!" The laughing resumes and Cooper joins in. He thinks that was pretty funny. Oh those wonderful moments of parenthood. Just think, one year from now we'll have a jabbery boy, a tweeny bopper and two curious little babies to pine over. What an adventure. I look forward to seeing how well the children function together.

The schedule for the upcoming week is full of all sorts of things; birthday parties, doctors appointments, school stuff, meetings with photographers, and as I just found out at 10:30 last night - A visit from my grandma. I'll make sure to get lots of extra rest, as I think I might need it.

No comments: